Karla and Kendra love to read, write, draw, and talk to kids about their enthusiasm for all three. In fact, that’s why they created the award-winning Aldo Zelnick series: to share their passion for creativity and childhood literacy.
They often present together, giving kids an opportunity to meet an author and an illustrator in one visit!
Their entertaining, educational, and memorable presentations typically include:
• an introduction to their book series and characters
• a slide show of drawings from the books
• an explanation and photos of how they create
• lots of pro-reading encouragement
• a drawing demonstration
• ample time for all those great kid questions!
Their presentation aligns with many Common Core State Standards, especially those for Literature and Vocabulary. (Did you know their book series highlights vocabulary words?) Karla and Kendra are also happy to customize their presentation to meet your unique needs.
Choose the format that's best for you:
• all-school assembly (or one assembly for K-2 and a second for 3-5)
• classroom or grade-level presentations
• readathon day presentations
• book fair/literacy/family night talk to kids and parents
• classroom or small-group writing and/or illustrating workshops
• teacher luncheon or after-school staff presentation on visual literacy or writing and illustrating
Fundraising potential for schools
In cases where schools coordinate a visit directly with Karla and Kendra, Bailiwick Press donates 20 percent of book sale proceeds back to your school. This can be used to offset some or most of the visit fee.
Community-building potential for bookstores and toy stores
Bookstores and toy stores that arrange to bring Karla and Kendra to their community for author/illustrator visits at local schools provide invaluable experiences for children and families in their community. Bailiwick Press (and its distribution partners) are happy to collaborate with retailers and community organizations to arrange promotional visits and outreach events.
We consider submissions, agented and unagented, for humorous children's and young adult fiction. Please read our guidelines and fill out our submission form here.
309 East Mulberry Street
Fort Collins, Colorado 80524 USA